The tenth Tiree Tech Wave was held 22-26 October 2015.
There were 30 participants including five from Tiree and one from Coll. A wild wind and cancelled Thursday left many stranded for the day in Oban, but this didn’t seem to dampen enthusiasm at the Tech Wave.
A group of students from Cardiff School of Art and Design made a prototype sandwich production machine; while their teachers assembled the table designed by students from the Autumn 2014 Tech Wave. There were heads bowed over flickering code, Arduinos spinning motors, the odd LED going ‘pop’, and Post-it-Notes for a mini-project on personal symbolism.
On Saturday a group from the CARIAD research group in collaboration with Tiree Tapestry Group led a Hand-i-Pocket funshop, creating textile pockets for those with dementia and on Monday Martijn from FabLab Cardiff visited the school to work with pupils on laser cutting.
- Hand-i-Pocket Funshop report
- Hand-i-Pocket Funshop blog at Tiree Tapestry Group
- blog on Tiree Tech Wave Autumn 2015 by Spike Dennis
- blog The Tiree Tech Wave: Play on the edge by Rory Gianni
- Catching a Tech Wave in Tiree by Ronald Macintyre on Opening Educational Practices in Scotland